Saturday, April 10, 2010

Noisy boot

Today feel like going to DIY again for the noisy boot.
Saw in a forum, someone recommend GSI dampit! mat for door acoustic treatment and metal sheet anti-vibration.

Asked my friend, the shop he works has it, for RM secret. ha.

The mat is quite a big sheet, about 1m x 1.5 m. The material is not butyl, so it is more stable at wide temperature range (at least stable in Malaysia's weather) .

I try it on my boot, you may not realize the existence, because I sprayed it to the boot color which is silver. Please click to enlarge it.

Next is the road test, I could find the humming noise from the rear tires is reduced, too bad I don't have an equipment to measure the dB reduced, I will purchase one soon.

3 comments:

  1. he he ..bro .. i suggest u get a ipod touch or iphone ...

    there is noise measuring app for it. Also got dynolicious to measure your car power ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! thanks, I plan to get one.
    now Ipod touch only RM899. But I want IPhone 3Gs, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you plan to sound proof your rear board, which help alots for road noise improvement...

    ReplyDelete